Examinations, advice, treatment
Our nursing service includes examinations, advice and treatment and is provided by an accredited parish nurse as part of the Parish Nursing model. Dr Jacobs, a GP from the Vineyard Surgery, also visits our clinic to provide additional support on a monthly basis.
Make an appointment
Our nurses run regular clinic sessions every week on a Monday and Wednesday morning 09.00 – 11:00.
You can make an appointment by talking to a member of staff – drop us a line below – or just pop in to see a nurse when the clinic is in session.
What can our nurse do for you?
Examinations and testing
- Blood Pressure monitoring
- Temperature, pulse and respiration checks
- Diabetes testing
- Infection screening
- Weight monitoring
- Simple ear and eye examinations
Partnerships and referrals
We can put you in touch with a number of organisations and individuals that offer medical advice and support, including:
- Local statutory, voluntary and support agencies
- Trained volunteers who can offer friendship and support
Local GP surgeries (we can also make referrals)
Advice and support
Our nurse is qualified to:
- Discuss physical health problems or concerns you may have
- Help you to understand your medication and prescribed treatments
- Suggest appropriate treatments and care
- Provide informed healthcare advice and information
- Explain how you can live a healthier lifestyle
We offer support to anyone who requests spiritual care and prayer can be made an integral part of your treatment. We’re deeply respectful of all beliefs and don’t discriminate based on creed, race or religion.